User banner image
User avatar
  • naturalbuildingaustralia

Posts

Finding Land for a Natural Home: Where Do You Start?

I get so many people asking me the same questions: Where should I look for land? What should I check before I buy? Can I...

Composting Toilets: What Are the Options for going natural?

If there’s one topic that consistently generates questions from people interested in off-grid living, it’s toilets. People want to know: Can I have a composting...

What Can a 200-Year-Old Building Teach Us About Sustainability?

When we talk about sustainable buildings, the conversation often turns to new technology, high-performance materials and the latest energy-efficient systems. But some of the most...

Can 3D Printing Change Earth Building?

There’s something slightly strange about watching a robot build with earth. For thousands of years, people have dug soil from the ground, mixed it with...

What happens when natural building meets research?

Recently, we chatted with Dr Sarah Breen Lovett about a question that sits at the heart of where natural building could be heading: how do...

Natural walls can improve health outcomes in our homes

What If Our Walls Were Part of the Ventilation System of Our Homes? Not in the conventional sense of moving air through a building, but...

Lime Plaster: Recipes, Materials and Ways to Work With It

Lime plaster has been used for centuries for good reason. It is durable, vapour permeable, workable and well suited to many natural building systems. It...

Healthy Homes Start with the Envelope: Rethinking What Makes a High-Performance (healthy)Home

Recently, Matt Carland from Carland Construction shared a thought-provoking perspective on the building industry’s long-standing focus on energy efficiency. If you don’t already follow Matt,...

Building for the Future: Lessons in Bushfire Resilience from Earthship Eco Homes

As Australia’s climate continues to change, conversations about housing can no longer focus on comfort and aesthetics alone. Increasingly, we need homes that are resilient,...

Earthships vs Passive Solar Design: What’s the Difference?

When people talk about climate-responsive homes, two concepts often come up: passive solar design and Earthships. At first glance, they can seem similar. Both aim...

*You can either view your listing by clicking on listing title. Or you can edit your listing by clicking the elipsis (3 dots) in bottom RH corner of card and select EDIT.